cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZGreen
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 28

Re: Creating an EEDK scrip to Deploy via ePO.

Jump to solution

This eedk tool also creates a registry key entry which actually assisted with my package creation issues. Check to see what you set that key to in the package and go see if it is actually being created. Also does this work when you run it manually with administrative privileges? 

Jump to solution

Hello ZGreen,

I've created a package with AutoIT exe app to call TITUSCleanupTool.exe as an administrator when I run a Client Task on a Managed System.

I've attached 2 images here for you to see what I did.

At 1.jpg, basically, I made the package with a folder containing both TITUSCleanupTool and my script BALDE.exe to call TITUS app.

On Product Detection Key, I have inputted a random key, just to ePO not finding it and keep running the task.

At 2.jpg is the folder that I used to made the package.

ZGreen
Level 9
Message 23 of 28

Jump to solution

Run this without the client task. Go to the local system and drop in folder. Launch admin command prompt and go to path and try to execute locally. Does this method work? 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

If I call BALDE.exe on Admin CMD it works as expected. 

the command configured on BALDE.exe is basically:

Run ("C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\Evaluation\T_REMOVL0220\Install\0000\TITUSCleanupTool.exe /run")

TITUSCleanupTool needs to be executed from an Admin CMD to work.

Jump to solution

Another thing that I notice is, on McAfee Agent log is shown that, firstly, it is downloaded BALDE.exe, then it is verified. After, it is downloaded TITUSCleanuptool.exe and verified.

Is this sequence correct? Does McAfee client task deploys one software per time or it is deployed everything in a package at once?

I've attached the image with McAfee Agent log.

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 26 of 28

Jump to solution

It has to download all the files in the package, then it will execute the command it was told to run.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

ZGreen
Level 9
Message 27 of 28

Jump to solution

This is a bit different for how I create mines. All my application executables are place in the package. 

Jump to solution

I think I figured out on how to solve this.

After a lot of tests I've noticed that our antivirus was blocking BALDE.exe from being executed.

If I allow BALDE.exe on Antivirus, TITUSCleanuptool is executed and does what it expected to do (remove TITUS application completely from our PC).

Thanks to your help cdinet and Zgreen. It helped me a lot.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community