cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 28

Re: Creating an EEDK scrip to Deploy via ePO.

Jump to solution

I would need to see exactly how you have this configured in eedk.  Can you send screenshot of the eedk creation page where you put in all the parameters?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Sure !

I've attached the image file.

On product Detection Key I have set a random value, just for ePO not finding and keep running the tool.

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 28

Jump to solution

Does that product create any logging at all when trying to remove the product?  It looks like it should work - that parameter should run like that.  You can try creating a bat file, but also put in some msi logging parameters (if the exe is msi based) to help troubleshoot what is going on, or have it log to windows\temp location maybe.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've opened a ticket on TITUS portal to ask about those logs because the tool itself does not provide any log.

I'll keep you informed if they answer me and back to post here any success.

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 28

Jump to solution

Thanks!

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I figured out on where the logs about this tool are being stored.

It says that is stored at <currentDirectory>\TitusCleanupTool.log

Where McAfee Agent deploys software before performing the installation?

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 28

Jump to solution

Assuming you have this in the current branch, it may be here:

C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\Current

Your log may show where exactly it was run from and also, those files may get removed after a deployment is complete - you might need to check for sure.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm almost find out on how to deploy this tool. At first moment, I've managed to create a package with AutoIT tool and set parameters to run TITUSCleanuptool.exe on it.

It worked, but, not as I expected. 

It removed TITUS application from my computer, but, on System Tree/mymachine, on product tab is still shown that TITUS is installed yet.

Where ePO validates that an application is still on my system?

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 28

Jump to solution

What version of epo are you running?  If 5.10, update 5, there is a known issue that update 6 resolves where product props don't get updated in epo.  Those are uploaded by the agent on each asci, so either you are running into known issue, or agent is failing to communicate, or the titus removal didn't remove the application plugin key in the registry.  

As a workaround, try removing the system from epo, then run collect and send props from the client to get it to check back in.  

Also check the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins key to see if the product is still showing there.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

I'm running ePO 5.9.1 (I'm creating an action plan to migrate this until March).

I'm gonna check if this registry does exists and see what happens.

I'll let you know any other progress.

Thanks in advance.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community