cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an EEDK scrip to Deploy via ePO.

Jump to solution

Greetings,

I'm having some trouble trying to create a script to run one of our tools from ePO.

We have a software that needs to run on CMD as AD,. called TITUS-Cleanuptool.exe

What I exactly want is, create a batch to run this tool when ePO Software Deployment deploys it on a managed system.

I used EEDK to create a package with this tool. After uploading  the package to ePO, on client task tab, there is an install and uninstall option.

I've already selected both  of them and no one is working as expected.

How can I setup this to work correctly? Do I really need a batch file to run the software or simply inputting some parameters on ePO will works?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Creating an EEDK scrip to Deploy via ePO.

Jump to solution

I think I figured out on how to solve this.

After a lot of tests I've noticed that our antivirus was blocking BALDE.exe from being executed.

If I allow BALDE.exe on Antivirus, TITUSCleanuptool is executed and does what it expected to do (remove TITUS application completely from our PC).

Thanks to your help cdinet and Zgreen. It helped me a lot.

View solution in original post

27 Replies
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 28

Jump to solution

You may not need a bat file, can't you enter the parameters in the eedk package command to run?  How exactly is it configured?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hello cdinet,

Thanks for your response.

The tools works like that, I need to run from a command prompt with a parameter /run.

On windows, I need to call the tool on CMD like C:\users\myuser\desktop\TITUS\TITUS-Cleanuptool /run

On EEDK, on Command to Run I've only put TITUS-Cleanuptool.exe /run.

Is it correct?

At ePO, if I set on client task as Install and send the software to run, on the last step it gives me a red mark, not being able to run the tool. When checking at McAfee Agent logs, it shows me that was an error and it was not possible to run the tool.

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 28

Jump to solution

I would have a bat file to copy the file to a windows\temp location possibly, then run it from there instead of using a local directory and then run it explicitely from that directory.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 28

Jump to solution

Either that, or just leave off any bat file.  For example, when I create an agent package for another epo server, I just have the framepkg.exe as the source file.  In the command to run, I use framepkg.exe /install=agent /silent.  I don't need anything in the command line options in the deployment task.

That doesn't need any bat file or anything, just the command to run from the location that the agent downloads it to.  

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Understood,

So, in the Client Task, is there any difference seleting Install or Uninstall when creating a new task?

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 28

Jump to solution

In the case of an eedk package that only runs a script or command, there is nothing to uninstall.  Install tells it to run the command.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

This is what occurs when I perform a product deployment with that tool. I've attached two images, if you could look please.

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 28

Jump to solution

Does your script define any logging for what it is doing?  If you run the script locally, does it do what you expect it to do?

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

If I run TITUS-Cleanuptool.exe locally it does what is expected to do, but, it's mandatory to run this .exe file through CMD. If I only click on it, nothing happens. I need to call CMD as adm, run TITUS-Cleanuptool with parameter /run on CMD.

That's why I'm thinking about creating a batch file to call this tool after ePO deploying it on a managed system.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community