cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor haaris
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Creating alert in EPO if certain number of systems not communicating to EPO from last 1 day

Jump to solution

Hi,

Recently we faced an issue where all the systems stopped communicating to EPO server because of some issue but we came to know after sometime.

Is there any way in EPO we can configure server task or automatic response where we get an alert on mail id if large number of systems or all systems has not communicated to EPO server from last one day

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Re: Creating alert in EPO if certain number of systems not communicating to EPO from last 1 day

Jump to solution

Set up a query to search for systems that have failed to communicate for last day or more.  Then set up a server task to run that query and email you a report of that output.  There is no way to do it via automatic response that I can see.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

7 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Creating alert in EPO if certain number of systems not communicating to EPO from last 1 day

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Can anyone suugest me if there is any possible way to do the same

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can anyone update if have any idea

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Set up a query to search for systems that have failed to communicate for last day or more.  Then set up a server task to run that query and email you a report of that output.  There is no way to do it via automatic response that I can see.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @cdinet,

Thanks for the update but that was not my question.

I wanted to get an mail alert when certain number of specified systems has not communicated within last 24 hrs.Suppose I have 50000 endpoint and I wanted to generate an alert when 30000 systems stopped communicating from last 24 hrs

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

As I stated, that is not an option for an automatic response.  The only solution is to run a query to get results.  However, that won't give you the option to filter it out by number of results for that query.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi, 

So that means it's not possible. Running the query and getting list of systems not communicated from last 1 day daily doesn't make much sense to my requirement

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Correct.  You can also put up a dashboard for a quick representation of systems communcating vs not communicating.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator