Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lior_B
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Create user task with more than one executable

Hello,

I would like to create a user task (using EEDK), which is an executable created from a python source code,  this code has in it an invocation of another external executable.

I tried to invoke the executable through python os.system, which failed.

I tried to create a bat file that that will call the first executable and than my executable but it failed.

I tried to specifiy in EEDK in the command option a command like: "file1.exe && file2.exe", which seems to work on cmd, but failed when I try to deploy it through the epo client task assigment.

I tried to create a task for the external exe and a task for my exe, and it did work, but it would be somewhat un-managable in this fashion.

I would like to note that I did try to test my script as described at article: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/ePO-Endpoint-Deployment-Kit-EEDK-Getting-starte...

Thanks for the help, Lior.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Create user task with more than one executable

can you get it to generate a log for what it is doing?  Is there enough time or pause between running exe 1 before exe 2 executes or does that matter?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Lior_B
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

In method 1, it seems to run well, but the os.system seems to return None, and than the other code fails.

In method 2, even exe1 doesn't run.

In method 3, it runs  the first exe but not the second.

The exe1 creates a file which is than read by exe2, so exe1 must finish befor exe2 starts, delays don't mather.

Thanks for the respons!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

To clarify, when building the eedk package, the command to run contains both exe's?  You said you tested a bat file - was that wrapped in eedk with the command to run the bat file?  What exactly are you trying to accomplish?  What do the exe's do?  Does exe1 automatically call exe2, or do you have to tell it to somehow in the command?  If it automatically calls it, then you should only put exe1 in the command to run. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center