cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create and download agent installation package

Dears,

I have created an agent installation package. but when i tried to run on the client machine. i double click on the FramePkg.exe but nothing happened. agent did not installed. no wizard appear. i wait for 2 days but nothing happened and the agent not installed.

Any advice?

12 Replies
Highlighted
ulyses31
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Re: Create and download agent installation package

Hi hotelcalefornia, are you launching the framepkg with admin prvileges?

Try to launch it from a cmd console and see what it does

SergeM
Level 9
Message 3 of 13

Hi,

Remember, you must be an administrator on the machine (server or worlstation) to install the agent !

Second, with Windows 7 and Windows 2008 there's an additionnal hurdle : if you're using Windows 7 (or windows 2008, and possibly with Vista as well) you must

- right-click on FramePkg.exe

- select "Run as Administrator"

If running it from a Command Line console, the Console itself must "run as admin"...

Hope it helps

Serge

on 18/07/11 12:09:02 CEST

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply

it's installed now. but when i checked on the epo console i find the machine under Lost&found. is that normal?

Also somthing strange: for the clintes deployed through EPO, the icon of the Mcafee appear as shown in snapshot 11.jpg which is correct for me.

For the clients deployed using the FramePkg.exe, the icon for mcafee appear as shown in snapshot 2.2.jpg

any one can tell me waht is the issue?

Regards,

Reliable Contributor greatscott
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Is the McAfee Agent policy the same for both machines? Check by going to your "System Tree" then checking the assigned policies.

The agent policy is the default one, i did not change anything there. did the different icon means that i have two different version of mcafee. but first one installed from EPO and the second from Frampkg exported through the EPO so i don't think it's related to different version????

SergeM
Level 9
Message 7 of 13

I wouldn't worry there.

I can see the icon you have (the shield-like icon with a V) is actually the icon from VirusScan...

The M-shield icon is the mctray icon which comes when the Agent gets the policy to show one centralized icon.

Also, especially when viewing systems through remote-desktop (and other remote control tools) they don't show the mctray icon.

But VSE is still working fine.

Thank you Serge for your reply,

I'm connecting to the machines through remote desktop. but the machines having mcafee deployed via EPO, shows Mtray and the ones deployed through the framepkg.exe shows the icon V shieled. the problem that can't know if the clients with V shields icon taking the updates from EPO server. as you know in the Mtray you can right click and select about, then you can see all the system info, mcafee agent...etc

any one try it before and having same issue?

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 13

Hi...

This is as designed: the tray icon does not display in RDP sessions. Please see KB60750 for details.

To swork round this you can either connect to a console session, or you can bring up the agent monitor by running cmdagent.exe /s

HTH -

Joe

Dear Joe,

Thanks for the reply, i can see the icon via RDP, that's OK for me. but the problem that V shield icon appears (when i installed from exported agent package) and  Mtray icon appears when installing through EPO. i cac see both icon via RDP

Regards,

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.