Highlighted
dnf
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Create and download agent installation package epo 4.0

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Is there a way to download the framework package in ePO 4.0 console for manually installation? I know I can download it, but can I select the branch from where I want the agent from in the same way it is possible to do in epo 4.5. Where I can select the agent ( by selectiong the branch) I want to use to create the installer (framework.exe).

Thanks for your time

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 10 of 11

Re: Create and download agent installation package epo 4.0

Jump to solution

Yes, you're right because you cannot change a MA package from any branch to the current one, you have to delete it.

Then the only thing you can do is to locate the framepkg package you want to use (4.5 under evaluation branch) at C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Evaluation\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409\framepkg.exe

The only thing is you won't be able to set embedded credentials

El mensaje fue editado por: ulyses31 on 15/01/13 13:34:34 CET
10 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

The same you you can create custom agent package. In the system tree->New system->Create and download agent installation package.

To check in the package to different branch than Current, you need to enable it from server setttings (Configuration->server settings->repository package->edit->check the box 'Allow package check-in for any repository branch'.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
dnf
Level 10
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

Hi Hem,

I have the configuration from (Configuration->server settings->repository package->edit->check the box 'Allow package check-in for any repository branch') as you suggested  but I still can´t download the installation package selecting the agent version from the branch I would like to.

In the pictures attached in epo45 I can select the agent version, but it´s not available in epo 4.0

epo4.0

epo4.JPG

epo 4.5

epo45.JPG

ulyses31
Level 16
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

If you check the "Use credentials" box then you have to set credentials, otherwise you won't be able to build the package. If you don't need embedded credentials then uncheck this box and you'll be able to continue to the next step.

dnf
Level 10
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

Thanks for the input

If I check the credentials box the package will be installed using those ones provided, if not, they´ll use the logged on user. Maybe I´m wrong, that´s what I understand. But the "problem" I´m having is that I can´t select the agent version which I want to use. There is no "Select product Package" option as there is in epo 4.5.

ulyses31
Level 16
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

Ups sorry, I misunderstood what you said. Can you post a screenshot of your master repository where McAfee Agent appears?

dnf
Level 10
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

sure,

here it goes.

agent.JPG

ulyses31
Level 16
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

I think the problem can be that ePO 4 won't let you choose which McAfee Agent you want to install onto unamanged nodes but only when creating a deployment task (to managed nodes, of course). Maybe the easiest way would be checkink MA 4.5 to the current branch, build the new package that will select only MA from cyrrent branch, and once finished check again MA 4.0 to the current branch if you still want to use it.

dnf
Level 10
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

I thought about that option you suggest but for some reason, as you can see,  the "change branch" option is not enable and I don´t have the agent to check it into the console...

ulyses31
Level 16
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

Yes, you're right because you cannot change a MA package from any branch to the current one, you have to delete it.

Then the only thing you can do is to locate the framepkg package you want to use (4.5 under evaluation branch) at C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Evaluation\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409\framepkg.exe

The only thing is you won't be able to set embedded credentials

El mensaje fue editado por: ulyses31 on 15/01/13 13:34:34 CET
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.