cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt VSE-Package

Hi everyone!

I've a problem with the VSE package, which is checked in ePO. Every time a client is new installed, the deploument task to install VSE should be tiggered immediately. Until this point there's no problem. But If the task starts, a few moments later agent's log is showing an entry "update finished". However VSE isn't installed.

I tried to re-checkin the VSE package and deployment was successfull. Unfortunaely next time the package might be corrupt again.

Does anyone have an idea, why (VSE) packages become corrupt again and again?

Yours

Joerg

11 Replies

Re: Corrupt VSE-Package

Are you using distributed repositories?

May be it is corrupted in the main repository and with the replication it is corrupting the file in the distributed one.

Best regards,

Jose Maria

Thanks for your input!

Yes, I am using distributed repositories. I have always checked in the package in the master repository followed by an sync of all repositories.

I think, it must be an ePO issue, because the only way to fix the problem is to recheckin the package every time. I have tried a lot of different systems.

Yours,

Joerg

wwarren
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 12

I suggest checking what the Agent log says when you tried to deploy the product to that node.

If the Agent log is indicating the deployment task ran (not update task), and also that VSE's SetupVSE.exe was launched, then this is not an ePO issue.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee

Then I would do the following...

Delete all the content in the distributed repositories and do a full replication from the master, to make sure all the repositories takes the good packages from the main repository.

Best regards,

Jose Maria

Okay, you mean I should delete all content of the repository-share? Then start a full replication?

Yours,

Joerg

Yes, that´s correct.

Best regards,

Jose Maria

Sorry, the problem is still present!

Best regards,

Joerg

Ok, Could you post the VSE installation log?

Let's see if we can get something from the errors..

Best regards,

Jose

ansarias
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 10 of 12

You have check client task under My organization to check with VSE deployment task is enabled.