Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukdkbr
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Computers not reporting correctly in Protection Pilot

Hi, this is my first post here. I inhereted a pretty messed up antivirus situation at my new job and i'm not the most familiar with McAfee products so hopefully you all can point me in the right direction.

I got our Protection Pilot updated to 1.5 so I should be on the current version. My problem is that I have a vew PCs that are not reporting correctly. Some report back like this:

VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0.781.Wrk 5296.0000 5200.2160
VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0.912.Wrk 5173 5200

It shows 2 version installed and that 8.5 is up to date but I can't figure out how to get rid of the 8.0 version.

Second part is some PCs just report back nothing except for the product being "VirusScan/AntiSpyware/NetShield" no version numbers, no nothing. I tried uninstalling AV on these PC and reinstalling with the Connection Agent and still get nothing. When I look at PC directly it shoes that it is up to date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
3 Replies
MR_PRP
Level 7
Message 2 of 4

RE: Computers not reporting correctly in Protection Pilot

Select the machines with issues and press "Enforce" button and wait for next ASCI (Agent to Server Communication Interval) and see the problem goes away.
ukdkbr
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

I have tried that and it does not go away, any other ideas?
MR_PRP
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Please search the McAfee support website to find a KB article for recalculating the compliance. I think it is bunch of SQL storred procedures that you need to run.