cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine AD synchronization with manual groups

Hi,

I've set up an ePO 4.6 environment and I'm using AD synchronization to fill my ePO database with objects.

I carefully selected which OU's I want to sync from my domain, and which ones are to be excluded.

This is working perfect for me so far but...

I also made 1 manual group within the ePO system tree called "Repository Servers" and I have manually added my repository servers there.

The AD sync task is configured to sync all my workstations for now and not any servers. So my repository servers aren't being sync'd which is what I want.

Problem now is that when I run the AD Sync task the "Repository Servers" group which I manually created in ePO dissapears and the objects which were in there are moved to Lost & Found.

Is there any way to combine AD Synchronization with manually created groups in ePO. Or can I lock a manually created group so it won't be deleted?

I want the majority of my managed object to be sync'd by AD Synchronization, but also want 1 or 2 groups which I can manage manually.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and suppport.

Martijn.

Message was edited by: m.dungen3 on 12/9/11 4:33:47 AM CST

Message was edited by: m.dungen3 on 12/9/11 4:37:50 AM CST
3 Replies
masten
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Combine AD synchronization with manual groups

Sounds like you have set up the AD sync at the root level "My Organization", this would make your manual created group and systemobjects disppear at each sync. To solve this set up the AD sync on a first level group instead that is on the same level as your "Repository Servers" group.

Ex.

My Organization

- AD Synced group

- Repository Servers

/Magnus

on 12/9/11 1:15:42 PM CET

Hi Magnus,

thanks for the tip!

Sounds logical indeed to do it that way 😉

Marijn.

Indeed, you need to set up your Sync in a level below 'My Organisation' & then the manual groups will remain,

Had exactly the same issue here but ended up with all of my desktops (100K+) sitting in lost and found as they were populated manually.

Ho Hum- all sorted now though

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community