Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
web1b
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Cloud-based ePO Options?

Jump to solution

How does MVision ePO compare to ePO in AWS and ePO Cloud?

Which is the best option for managing A/V and Bitlocker encryption for laptops that are frequently offsite?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Re: Cloud-based ePO Options?

Jump to solution

MVision products include Endpoint Security, Mvision endpoint, VirusScan Enterprise and Windows defender antivirus.  Those are currently the only products supported.

pd27880 - product guide

SAE is a function now in ENS - the web security module.  Mvision doesn't support mne or other encryption products at this time.

For regular epo cloud (not mvision), see kb86242 for supported products.  Even that doesn't support any of the encryption products. 

You might want to look at KB81534 in the section for epo on AWS if you want a cloud type solution.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

No, protection workspace is basically a reporting tool that handles the products that are being managed by that particular epo.  MVision is a cloud based, McAfee managed solution and the only products currently supported on it are what I sent you previously. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

8 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Have you checked these pages for the white papers?

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/products/epolicy-orchestrator.html

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/products/mvision-cloud.html

Was my reply helpful?

web1b
Level 7
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

I just looked through the MVISION info, but doesn't see some information I need.

Is there a list of all the products MVISION ePO can manage?  I see antivirus, but can't find how to manage encryption enforcement, configuration, compliance reporting and management of recovery keys for Bitlocker.

Does it manage MNE 4.1 and SAE 3.5 or does it have other functionality that does the same thing?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

MVision products include Endpoint Security, Mvision endpoint, VirusScan Enterprise and Windows defender antivirus.  Those are currently the only products supported.

pd27880 - product guide

SAE is a function now in ENS - the web security module.  Mvision doesn't support mne or other encryption products at this time.

For regular epo cloud (not mvision), see kb86242 for supported products.  Even that doesn't support any of the encryption products. 

You might want to look at KB81534 in the section for epo on AWS if you want a cloud type solution.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
web1b
Level 7
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

OK, so we may need to use AWS if MVISION can't do what we need.  However, what is this reference to MNE and DLP in the MVISION guide?

It seems to say there is some support for those products.

mne.PNG

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Protection workspace is not only for mvision and cloud epo, but can be used with the different versions of on prem epo also.  It is not exclusive to mvision.

Was my reply helpful?

web1b
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

So, then we can combine Protection Workspace with MVISION ePO to manage Bitlocker and Filevault encryption policies, encryption keys and compliance reporting through the MVISION ePO console?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

No, protection workspace is basically a reporting tool that handles the products that are being managed by that particular epo.  MVision is a cloud based, McAfee managed solution and the only products currently supported on it are what I sent you previously. 

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution
@web1b,

There is JUST one thought you have to through and understand AND you will only install EPO on Premise.

Enterprise customer and SBS.
* You have EPO in the Cloud
* You don't have LAPS (changes all local admin passwords of clients random) active
* You have an infection which does bruite force SMB and KERBEROS attacks in LDAP and all infra
* Youre network goes down or even SIEM and active devices LOCK down ports
* Someones (And he will) at the end WITHOPUT Big version of DLP decide to TAKE down WAN interfaces (Outbreak active in network)

HOW will you manage the clients, Server and all other things if the Managment of that is in the CLOUD?

Seen live several times with larger company swith outbreaks.

Thought about that?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community