cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cloning ePO Agent on UNIX

Hi All, need some advise on whether I can clone a unix server with ePO Agent 4.5 installed to other servers? I can do that on Windows and will just have to remove the Agent GUID before cloning to other servers.

If it is possible to clone ePO Agent 4.5 on a UNIX Server to another, how do i go about removing the GUID?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

1 Reply
lugnet
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cloning ePO Agent on UNIX

I had the same question and could not find an answer anywhere.  McAfee Support gave me the answer today:

Remove the unique GUID from the image prior to being rolled out or remove it from the client before connecting to the network and ePO server:

1.Log on to the Linux server using the root account.

2. From the command prompt, change directory to:

/opt/McAfee/cma/scratch

3.Edit registry.ini with a plain text editor.

4.Locate and delete the following line:

AgentGUID=sz{XXXXX-XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXX} (where XXXXX is the unique GUID for that computer).

5. Save the file.

Someone had just made a clone today that replaced another a VM that had gone bad (so both VMs already had an entries in ePO).  I made the change on the clone, restarted cma, and ePO was happy not too long after.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community