cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client task progress

Jump to solution

I have one Client task on schedule "Check on demand".

Where can I watch the progress of this task?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 9

Re: Client task progress

Jump to solution

Good Question! Thank you for your post and responses. On Demand Scan when scheduled is essentially a client task assigned to the machine. The progress of a Client task cannot be directly monitored via the ePO UI.

Having said that, We can always pull out reports and thankfully here is a well written KBA describing how these On demand Scan events can be generated, forwarded to ePO and pulled out as a report(for both VSE and ENS). This KBA essentially talks about Scan completion status and the criteria involved using which reports/queries can be pulled. These queries are completely customizable and you can use other On Demand Scan related Events according to your requirements and product used.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you need more details. I hope this helps a bit in addressing your query.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

8 Replies
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

If the task is assigned to one machine please select the machine and check the task by clicking on Modify/Edit task on single system.

Select the machine :Agent:Modify/Edit task on a Single System and you will be able to see all the assigned task.

If the task is related to the On Demand Scan: Please check the logs which is be default located at :
C:\ProgramData\McAfee\DesktopProtection for VSE
C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Logs for ENS

From the logs you will be able to see whether that is completed/failed/inprogress.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
Thanks, and what about it by EPO? Task assigned on my Org.
Highlighted
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

if you want to check the tasks which are assigned to My Organization,

Please go to the ePo System Tree and click on the Assigned Client Tasks to see all the assigned task either Product Update Task , Product deployment Task or any ODS Task.

Please check below screenshot for example:

clipboard_image_0.png

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution
What kind of task is this specifically and what do you want to know about the progress? On demand scan tasks as well as update tasks have an event ID associated with it (server settings, event filtering). You can run a report for those event id's for scan started or update failed, etc. It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
quick scan on demand
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Good Question! Thank you for your post and responses. On Demand Scan when scheduled is essentially a client task assigned to the machine. The progress of a Client task cannot be directly monitored via the ePO UI.

Having said that, We can always pull out reports and thankfully here is a well written KBA describing how these On demand Scan events can be generated, forwarded to ePO and pulled out as a report(for both VSE and ENS). This KBA essentially talks about Scan completion status and the criteria involved using which reports/queries can be pulled. These queries are completely customizable and you can use other On Demand Scan related Events according to your requirements and product used.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you need more details. I hope this helps a bit in addressing your query.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

It's good idea. I think about KBA. Thanks.

So, plus one corresponding question by Server Settings): "events stored in SIEM". Is it outside SIEM or SIEM by McAfee?

McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi @Eugene2012 

Apologies for the delay in getting back. I missed your response notification. Glad we could be of help here! SIEM Servers mentioned here are in general, not just McAfee SIEM. Configuring a Syslog Server  is done separately under Registered Server. Hope this Information helps!

Feel free to post any other questions you may have. We would generally recommend creating a separate posts according to the product you are asking us about. This will ensure that the experts on that product who are watching the forums closely, will help you as soon as they can. Happy troubleshooting!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community