cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Client Task prioritization

Jump to solution

Hello, may I ask regarding prioritization of client tasks in the epo and how is it working please?

For example in one system tree group I have 3 deployment tasks. One is for ENS, second for DLP and next is for DE.

How can I determine the order of this tasks? I tried combine this task on one big task but sometimes is first ENS and sometimes is DE. Can somebody help me and answer me how to do it correctly?

Thank you very very much.

Vita   

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 10 of 10

Re: Client Task prioritization

Jump to solution

I would also suggest setting the ENS deployment one to not use randomization so that the system gets protected as quickly as possible before other products are installed.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

It will execute in the same sequence you select in client task.

Assume in product deployment task, you select 1-ENS, 2- dlp, 3- Encryption. It will try to execute the same way.

While selecting product sequence, make sure that installation of product doesn't block next step till machine is rebooted.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for your feedback. First time I had all in one task with sequence 1-ENS, 2-DE, 3-DLP. But the final result was sometimes different than how was define in Client Task. So do you mean if I will switch DLP with DE and taks will be look like the attachment and the deployment will be already well?  Thank you!!!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

I have found it doesn't always follow the sequence of the order you have the products listed.  Your safest option is to have separate tasks, especially if an agent is included as any agent upgrade.  If you ever have an agent upgrade included with other products, that can cause the other products not to install, as once the agent install runs, it restarts services, which kills the task in progress.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

To add to that, it is also good to have them on a scheduled task, such as daily.  You can also have one for run immediately to catch new systems, but when you have several run immediately tasks, they might not be able to complete because another task is already in progress.  The daily task would catch any other missed or failed run immediately tasks.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Ok.... So what would you recommend?

We are in this situation. Agent is deploying by SCCM. When is agent installed, the computer will bee seen in Lost&Founds where we have one run immediately Client Task with all our McAfee  modules. We need automatic procedure where will be  install ENS, DLP and DE after installed agent. Do you know any best practice for it please?

Thank you.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Why does the order of installs matter?  Is it failing to install one or more of the products?  If your existing task is working, despite the order of things, why change it?  

Otherwise, I would have separate tasks for each, set them to run immediately, but also enable randomization for them so that they randomize the start times - it should be maybe 20 minutes or so to allow one to finish before next one starts.  You can test different scenarios also, but in addition to the run immediately ones, I would still have a daily one to cover all bases.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Because sometimes one of module from the task is not installed and we must install the missing module manually.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

That is where a daily deployment task will catch those missed ones.  Otherwise you can test with running 3 separate run immediately ones with randomization.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

I would also suggest setting the ENS deployment one to not use randomization so that the system gets protected as quickly as possible before other products are installed.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community