cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Task Deploys 8.7 VirusScan But Not 8.7 AntiSpyware (Same Task) Advice

Hi,

I need some advice, I have a client task that has been working great deploying 8.7 VirusScan and AntiSpyware together, however it seems to have stopped installing AntiSpyware on my Windows 7 x64 machines. It does however (same task) install AntiSpyware on my Windows 2008R2 machines fine! I've looked in the client log and all i can see that looks related is:

07 September 2010 08:45:31
Info
Scheduler
The task  {A14CD6FC-3BA8-4703-87BF-E3247CE382F5} is successful
07 September 2010 08:45:31
Info
Scheduler
Scheduler: Task  [{A14CD6FC-3BA8-4703-87BF-E3247CE382F5}] is finished

Where would be the best place to start logging for clues why this would be happing?

A thanks in advanced for any help, with kind regards,

Rob

11 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 12

Re: Client Task Deploys 8.7 VirusScan But Not 8.7 AntiSpyware (Same Task) Advice

Can you post the agent activity log for one of the agents that is failing for the time period covering the task running

Re: Client Task Deploys 8.7 VirusScan But Not 8.7 AntiSpyware (Same Task) Advice

Hi Tony,

I've attached a log from one of my machines.

Thanks for you help!

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 4 of 12

is the deployment task set to run at every policy enforcement interval?

in the first case in that one Antispyware didnt install as 8.7 hadnt fininshed so the prerequisite wasnt there, dont see the deployment rerunning after that first time though.

also have you enabled win7 support for epo?

No its not set to run at every policy enforcement, what would you say be best practice for this?

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 6 of 12

some people do... some dont

depends on how good your pcs are as its does include a little hit but not that much. I have it on one one setup and off on another.

seems you may need it though as some of the installs are failing first time round

Its now comming up with

07 September 2010 11:36:08
Info
Updater
Product Conflict: VSEMAS870000 will not be installed.

Help..??

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 8 of 12

it would be a conflict if vse 8.7 isnt already fully installed and registered on that machine, does it still do that the second time it runs after vse has been installed?

The machine has VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0.570.Wrk registered in EPO for sometime.

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 10 of 12

do you have the MA patch 1 extension checked in to fully support tasks on windows 7?

KB67347 and KB67321 may be relevant

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community