cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Task Catalog - Weekly Scans

Hello Fellow ePO Admins,

Just a quick question as I am unable to find details on communities or other ePO KB documentation. I apologize in advance if I may have overlooked other resources.

If I have a weekly scan scheduled for Thursday at 1 PM and say that 4 out of 10 computers are not connected to the domain, does the scan occur the next time they connect to the domain (say Friday Morning)? Or does the scan occur the following Thursday at 1PM?

Can this be said for any client task? I imagine their are exceptions depending on the task.

Appreciate your assistance in advance.

3 Replies
mmcgary
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Client Task Catalog - Weekly Scans

You would need to select the run if missed option in the client task assignment.

Thank you for your response. I have a user reporting that McAfee is killing the resources on his laptop. The only behavior I have observed is that the user shutdowns Wednesday night and turns the laptop back on Monday morning which pegs his laptops resources.

Other tasks that I have would be a daily memory scan which may be the culprit here.

Appreciate your feedback.

mmcgary
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

If the missed-task option is checked it will run immediately when the system is booted up as the service become enabled, assuming it missed the previous schedule and there is no delay set for the missed-task option. The on demand scan log on the system will show all start/stop times and the events are sent to EPO as well so it shouldn't be too hard to determine the cause.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community