cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Client Rollout with a build pakage and without epo deployment

Hello and thanks for all your posts.

@the bad thing on deploying the agent is, that the agent deinstalls the old symantec antivirus and then the system is unprotected for a while.

On other AV System (symantec endpoint protection) you can make a package with all what you need and just install it via usb drive or whatever.

If you install the agent and you dont reach the epo server instandly, you dont get the McAfee av system.

Well, i thought about it.

We will make this:

1. We upload the Agent installer (FramePkg.exe) and a custom stand alone client.

2. The User will download both

3. Install the Agent and make a reboot

4. Install the custom stand alone client package

5. On time the agent will reach the server and will download the right permissions

thanks for your help

Reliable Contributor andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 13

so you displacing another product then ?

So, the McAfee Agent doesn't uninstall the existing AV protection. The McAfee AV does that.

You don't need a reboot between the Agent and ENS.

What you need is to remove password protection on old product so the McAfee product can displace it.

Hello Andre,

thanks again for your answer. McAfee dont have problems in deinstalling the other AV system. Its all fine. The agent deinstalls the symantec correctly.

And i made a few tests of this process now.

i definitly need a reboot after installing the agent. If i dont make a reboot, the setup of the custom package get an error and aborts.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community