Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
czql5v
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Client Logon

Hi All,

We had an issue where we were unable to logon to the EPO server splash screen through any clients. There was one McAfee service that had not started (event parser) which was started. This did not solve the issue.

Does anyone know what service is associated with McAfee in order for clients to logon to the server splash screen to administer EPO.

Any help would be greatful.

Regards.

Peter Flint.

on 27/06/13 8:24:51 EDT AM
7 Replies

Re: Client Logon

Hi czql5v, you need to have the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Server 4.x.x and the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Application Server 4.x.x  running

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

It's also possible for the services to be started, but for you to be unable to log in as ePO itself is not running. Are any error messages displayed?

Additionally, check the orion.log for errors - this is the most likely place that any problems will be logged.

HTH -

Joe

czql5v
Level 9
Message 4 of 8

Hi Laszlo G, and Joe

Thanks for the information. I did start one of the McAfee Services which had Automatic start against it but was not started. This did not solve our problem hence I thought there might be some kind of windows client service associated with McAfee that might needed to be started. I also checked the logs but NOT the orion.log for any errors. I will check this log to see what happened.

Thanks very much for this information its very handy.

Regards.

Is it possible to logon at the server locally?

czql5v
Level 9
Message 6 of 8

Hi Vuilverweking

Yes it was possible to login to the server locally. I forgot to mention that on my initial thread.

Would this have any bearing on the answers above???

Thanks.

Epo Server Version and OS?

Do you get a logon screen? What is the response?

Did you tried Compatibility View in IE.

Did you tried an other Browser?

Did you renamed the server or SQL database?

Message was edited by: vuilverwerking on 6/28/13 1:01:28 PM CEST