Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fiveo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Clearing tags

Question for the community -- I have tags I have creatted based on a query, for example, workstations that don't have VSE 8.8 on them.

I then run tag criteria via a server task with the query, and have a sub action to apply tag: No VSE 8.8

It seems when I run this query daily it is only tagging new systems that don't have VSE 8.8 and won't un-tag systems that have subsequently had VSE 8.8 installed.  When I think about it, I guess that makes sense.

How do I put a part in the task sequence to clear all No VSE 8.8 tags as part of this sequence so the information is updated fresh every day?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Re: Clearing tags

You will have to create a completely separate task to clear the tags and ensure it runs first at say 3am. You won't be able to chain the clear task in with the apply task.

fiveo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the info.  Perhaps there's a better way to do this, but for now what I did was set the tag criteria (as there are currently no criteria for this tag) to "Default Language: Afrikaans" (first choice).

Since that shouldn't be any machines in our environment, I run the tag criteria on that first and it clears all the applied tags.  Then I run the query to apply the tag I want. 

fiveo, Here is the setup I use.

Create a Server task with the following actions. I have this scheduled for 8am every morning.

1. Action: Run Query

Query: All Systems (Standard ePO query for all systems)

Sub-Actions: Clear Tag

Tag: Scan Complete

2. Actions: Run Query

Query: Event 1203 (Chart table, filter Event ID=1203 and Event Generated Time is within the last 1 Day)

Sub-Actions: Apply Tag

Tag: Scan Complete