cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking "latest signature files" and scan frequency from EPO agent

I have an ePO server and two agent machines: one RHEL7 and one Windows 2012.

I am trying to find a way to get two pieces of information while only on the agent machine.

Requirements

Firstly, to remain compliant, I need to confirm that the Anti-Virus is running with "the latest signature file".

Secondly, I need to print (without having access to the ePO) the scan frequency configuration.

Thus far for signature files I do this:

For Linux I just grep the /var/McAfee/agent/logs/masvc_* files for "signature returns <0>"

For Windows I Select-String on C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\logs\mas for the same string.

For checking scan frequenc from the Agent:

I have nothing so far.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
vnaidu
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Checking "latest signature files" and scan frequency from EPO agent

Once you push the scheduled task to run an On-Demand Scan (ODS) for a weekly or daily schedule, you may want to verify that the task was received on all of the systems.

You can achieve this by locating the corresponding .INI files locally. For this I would recommend you to create a query and then a Server task to automate the process, first run the query, then export the results to a csv file and then email you the details. This way, you have no need to login to ePO everytime, but would get the dails on your Outlook mail.

Follow the below.

To create a query in ePO to check the status:
  1. Log on to the ePO console.
  2. Click Menu, Reporting, Queries and Reports.
  3. Create a new query to locate this task as follows:
    1. Click Actions, New.
    2. Click Policy Management under the Feature Group column, select Applied Client Tasks under Result Types column, and click Next.
    3. Click Table for the List entry under the Display Results As column and click Next.
    4. Click Task Type for the Applied Client Tasks entry under Available Columns and click Next.
    5. Click Task Type for the Applied Client tasks entry under the Available Properties column and select the following:
      • Equals for the Comparison entry
      • The specific task name (for example, VSE ODS scan) for the Value entry
    6. Click Save.
    7. Type a name for the new query in the Query Name field, select the group for the query in the Query Group field, and click Save.
    8. Locate the new Applied Client Tasks query and click Run under the Actions column
    9. Now the Query is ready. Now go to Server Tasks and do the following.
    10. Run the query by selecting the query name, then export query to a CSV format and then choose to send via email.
  4. your task is completed.

I hope the above helps.

Regards,

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Checking "latest signature files" and scan frequency from EPO agent

Task specific information is located in the encrypted db files of the agent, so that is not something that will be able to be parsed.  You can, however, search in the masvc log for invoking the task name for the scan task to see how frequently it invokes.  As an example:

Invoking task [Product Update: Daily DAT and Content]

As for content update, you can search the mcscript log for Update succeeded to version

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.