cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking in Dat files manually

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using epo 4.6 and  sometimes have a problems with a scheduled Master Repositary update in that it failes with a timeout type error.

Today I downloaded the latest avv dat-6572.zip file from Mcafee FTP site and then tried the manual DAT  update packages checkin process.

This failed with a message stating pkgcatalog.z file missing.

I guess i'm missing something obvious but don't understand the difference between the scheduled update process and the manual attempt above.

Any help appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Checking in Dat files manually

Jump to solution

Please download ePO compatible DAT file from #: http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx?region=us.

The file name will be 'DAT Package For Use with McAfee ePO'.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
2 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Please download ePO compatible DAT file from #: http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx?region=us.

The file name will be 'DAT Package For Use with McAfee ePO'.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thanks Hem,

That worked a treat.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator