Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quitch
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Check agent-to-server port from client

Where can I check, from a client and without an existing connection, which port on the ePO server it wants to connect to for agent-to-server communications?
10 Replies

RE: Check agent-to-server port from client

Try NETSTAT -abo from a Dos Window and start with the entries associated with frameworkservice.exe
Quitch
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

That would require an existing connection.

Sorry - Didn't interpret that phrase as having "that" meaning..... as if the PC is booted it will have one - so what situation are you trying to determine this in/from ?
Quitch
Level 7
Message 5 of 11

Migrating ePO to a new box, taken down old server, renamed new server and allocated IP... suddenly realised during ePO install that I didn't have a record of the agent-to-server comms port and I was hoping for a lazy way of finding the info.

Thinking about it it should be in the database somewhere.
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 6 of 11

Try this:

- On this computer open your web browser: htp://localhost:8081 (or the port you use for agent-wake-up communication)
- Once opened, at the top of page you will see "View debug logs: FrameSvc", select "current" and in the log look for "Connecting to server" and you will see the old IP of the ePO server and the port used to connect to him

But surely if he knows this port then he'd also know the others ? Smiley Very Happy

...but of course if he simply searches for the agent log file then he's "sorted....
Quitch
Level 7
Message 8 of 11

That did the trick, thanks!
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 9 of 11

Glad to see it was useful happy
mrpg
Level 7
Message 10 of 11

Did you experience problems with agents communicating? I ask because I need to change the port but some how got the impression that doing a wakeup broadcast would give the agents the new port setting.