cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seauser
Level 7

Changing the SQL Server name in the SERVER.INI

Hey,

I've removed the db to a new SQL server, and followed the instructions in KB68427. Everything is working fine, but now I've looked in the SERVER.INI and found out that the old SQL server name is there (DataSource=) and not the new SQL server.

In the KB it wasn't mention to change the SERVER.INI, and I'm not sure what to do and how it will affect the EPO. (because right now the old SQL is still running). Can anybody explain me what sould I do? (change the SERVER.INI or something...)

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
dumolts
Level 8

Re: Changing the SQL Server name in the SERVER.INI

My lab server server.ini points to my old db server but it is actually using another db server.  I know that the info from the core/config page comes it's information from the db.properties file.  I have never changed the server.ini and have changed db servers several times.

0 Kudos
seauser
Level 7

And your old db server is still running? because if not, it doesn't matter what db server is in the server.ini. But if your old db server is still running, maybe something will happen if you shut it down some day...

0 Kudos
dumolts
Level 8

The production server pair is no longer in service.  However in the lab, the ePo started with a local DB but has since been moved to a SQL server.  I have not seen any issues either way.

0 Kudos
seauser
Level 7

I'm sorry but I don't follow you.

What is the production server pair?

0 Kudos
dumolts
Level 8

The production ePO and database servers(pair....which in reality I should have called it a trio-1 ePO, 2-Database servers).  However in the lab the ePO server is running with the old database running locally and the new database running on a remote server.  I have not seen any issues with it yet.

0 Kudos
seauser
Level 7

But you didn't shut down the local database.. so it's the same as mine..

0 Kudos
dumolts
Level 8

Nope the local database is still installed and running and have not seen any  issues with the ePO server or the new database server.

0 Kudos
seauser
Level 7

Thank you

0 Kudos