cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a policy enforcement

Jump to solution

Hello

I have moved two computers from my Workstation group to Servers in the System Tree. I have made a change in the My Default policy, so that the servers will not block mass mailings (I need to do this so that the RAID card alerts will go out). Originally the two computers were in the Workstation group, which prevented mass mailings. How do I update the policy on the two computers now that I have moved them from one group to the other? I have already gone on each computer into the McAfee Agent Monitor, Checked New Policies and Enforce Policies, but the Block Mass Mailings keeps getting reapplied.

Also, how would I find out what part of the Adaptec Storage Manager executable needs to be in the list of allowed processes?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor ansarias
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changing a policy enforcement

Jump to solution

McAfee Access Protection is divided into 2 section workstation and servers where if you had allowed mass mailing for server section and apply it to workstation than it will still block. I'll suggest you to update same settings in workstation section and do a check new policies under McAfee Agent monitor.

Please refer below screen shot

ScreenShot_ 01.34 09-Apr-15.jpg

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

McAfee Access Protection is divided into 2 section workstation and servers where if you had allowed mass mailing for server section and apply it to workstation than it will still block. I'll suggest you to update same settings in workstation section and do a check new policies under McAfee Agent monitor.

Please refer below screen shot

ScreenShot_ 01.34 09-Apr-15.jpg

Jump to solution

That solved the problem. Strange that you cannot make it different for each group.

Jump to solution

You can make new tags or edit existing tags if you want to apply a policy to all groups but you will have to follow ansarias guide above still to change the settings if you create a new tag.

Menu - Systems Section - Tag Catalog.

I personally haven't touched the pre-configured Server and Workstation tags but it looks straight forward in changing them. I have created new tags for testing purposes.

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Yes, you can make different policy for each group moreover you can apply particular policy to a single system also only you have to break the inheritance in system tree.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community