cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Change credentials for Auto Update in ePO

Jump to solution

Hello

I have ePO 5.9.0. What I am looking for is where in the policies/settings you put in the login and password for the Auto Update, for the client systems?

Thanks

Stephen Keating

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 8

Re: Change credentials for Auto Update in ePO

Jump to solution

It is not a policy setting, it is a client task.  Go to system tree, assigned client tasks, and edit the on demand scan task for VSE.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

7 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Updates do not typically require credentials unless you are using UNC path (or other type repository that requires credentials) type repository.  You would configure those under the distributed repository configuration under distributed repositories.  Otherwise, specify where you are using credentials for updates.  If it is proxy settings, that would be in the agent repository policy.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

I realized that I mistaken what I was putting the account and password for. Instead of for Auto Updating, when the client was configured for scheduling scanning, an account and password had to be put in. Is there a similar place in either the policies or settings of the ePO where this is done?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

For what product?  You would look at the on demand scan task settings for VSE and ENS and I believe ENS also has an on demand scan policy.  If for MOVE, then you would look in those policy settings.  You can ask more specific questions to that point product team under enterprise forums, endpoint security products.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

The product is VSE.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Then that would be in the on demand scan task settings.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

In which policy settings?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

It is not a policy setting, it is a client task.  Go to system tree, assigned client tasks, and edit the on demand scan task for VSE.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator