Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Change computer group via Powershell?

I've been messing around with the EPOwershell module and it seems like a great tool that really should get some professional Mcafee attention.

Anyway I'm trying to build a tool which automates a good portion of new machines that get put out to new users.  If there were a way to automatically move machines to different groups I can completely avoid getting into the EPO console.  Now I'm not the "EPO guy" but I have enough access to at least get my powershell script to work as it currently is.  There has to be a way to move computers to specific groups automatically via a script.  I don't want something that applies to all machines, I need to be able to target specific machines and move them if needed.

Thanks guys!

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Change computer group via Powershell?

Not sure the EPOwershell module supports a function to do that, but you can use the system.move call in the ePO Web API.

system.move names parentGroupId [autoSort] - Moves systems to the specified destination group.

Check the API guide if you need more help.  I think "names" takes a comma-separated list

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24810/en_US/...

If you've got specific questions, feel free to post some code and we can take a look.

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Change computer group via Powershell?

Thanks for the response!

Is it possible to use the invoke-webrequest in powershell to do the same thing?  If so what would the syntax be when trying to move a machine from the default group to "My Organization\Z-Disabled Devices\Workstations\Encrypted\Preboot DISABLED"?

The EPOwershell module makes things very simple:

function encryptComp {

#The commented out code does not move to the desired group.

#Get-EpoGroup -GroupPath "My Organization\Z-Disabled Devices\Workstations\Encrypted\Preboot DISABLED" | Get-EpoSystem

get-eposystem "$destComp" | Add-EpoTag -tagname "EE:ALDU - Endpoint Encryption Add Location Domain Use" , "Deploy-MDE"

get-eposystem "$destComp" | Send-EpoAgentWakeupCall

}

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community