Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d0x
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Change SQL settings in 4.5

Hi,

There were some changes done to the SQL server and I need to change the settings of ePO 4.5. The problema is that as ePO 4.5 fails to connect to the database it is nagging me about failing to load the license data. Which makes it impossible to login to correct the SQL connection information because the login and password fields are greyed out in https://localhost:8443/core/config. Even by putting the licence key again it will not allow me to go through because it can't update the database. In the application log it is saying that is can't connect to the database which is what I am trying to fix.

Any other way to change the SQL connection information? Or to insert the licence locally so it doesn't search the database?

This issue is already described in KB66166 but the presented solution doesn't actually help me in any way. Because I know I need to update the SQL connection.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66166

Seems a case of cyclical dependencies...

1 Reply
Highlighted
GWIRT
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Change SQL settings in 4.5

You can edit the file "C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\orion\db.properties"

You can set the values manually:

db.database.name= <- DB mane

db.instance.name= <- SQL Server instance name
db.user.passwd= <- Remove ".encrypted" and you can put the password in in cleartext. You can the use core/config to re-enter the info.

db.user.domain= <- for NT authentication
db.user.name= <- Username
db.server.name= <- SQL server name

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community