cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corsar
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 14

Cant see McAfee Agent Activity Log (Agent 5.0)

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I have installed via ePO the McAfee Agent 5.0 on a Windows 7 Client (64 bit). The agent works fine, but I cant view the Agent log with my Internet Explorer 11 (http://hostname:8081).

Take a look in the attachment.

I could only see a blank screen. If I use firefox I can see all the Log entries. Whats wrong with the internet Explorer? Has anyone an idea?

Thanks in advance.

Matthias

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
moriega
Level 10
Message 12 of 14

Re: Cant see McAfee Agent Activity Log (Agent 5.0)

Jump to solution

Disabling "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" worked for me.

ePO version: 5.3.1

IE version: 11

MA version: 5.0.2.333

13 Replies
Reliable Contributor ansarias
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

Just want to reconfirm : Are you able to see same machine agent activity logs in other browsers?

If yes than it is not issue with McAfee agent ePO policies and port. Than we need to see IE settings.

Corsar
Level 7
Message 3 of 14

Jump to solution

Yes, in other browsers I can see the agent activity logs. But I haven`t any idea wich settings in IE is neccessary.

If I use IE to look at the agent activity log local on my PC all ist fine, but if I use my IE to look at a remote machines agent activity log I cant see any entries.

Thats strange.

Have you any suggestions what to set on IE?

palex
Level 11
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution
Corsar
Level 7
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi palex,

Thanks for your response. But the solution isn`t a solution for my problem. The remote access to the log was already enabled.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'll suggest to try with some other machines, May be that machine is not having anything in logs.

For IE Settings try to add IP into local trusted intranet and see if its helps.

ScreenShot_ 21.08 02-Feb-15.jpg

Corsar
Level 7
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

Thanks. I have set the IP to the trusted zone but no effect.

I cant see the log entries with the internet explorer. I have tried different workstations with differen OS and different IE, but the log wont show.

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'll suggest to navigate one more time to ePO McAfee Agent general policy settings and check if below all options are checked.

ScreenShot_ 21.25 04-Feb-15.jpg

Corsar
Level 7
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have checked the ePO McAfee Agent general policy settings again. All options are checked.

With Firefox I can see the whole Agent log. Only with IE the log is empty. No version, no computer name, no log entries. Only the blank site as shown above.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try to switch of the IE Compatibilty setting "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View".

I ran the Agent with F12 (IE Debugging) enabled and received the error that the JSON is undefined at line 51 of the AgentLog.js script, the webpage is then build however without content from the logs. On the Console TAB of the debugging screen it also showed the following information:

Switching off the Compatibility mode for intranet sites resolved the problem for me.

Regards,

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.