cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cannot update or remove incompatible EImanagement extension

I am trying to install the Eimanagement 3.2 package and Extension but am unable as there is a legacy extension 2.6.0.111 installed that has been disabled as it is incompatible with the version EPO 5.10.0 (Build 2428) that I am running. I have tried to remove the extension in the normal manner and by using the force option but it errors out and fails. I also tried the recommendation on the Mcafee support community here: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/Cannot-remove-extention/td-p/606604 But that just caused the EPO to fail to start and I had to recover the database from a backup. Any ideas how to remove the old extension and install the latest version? Thanks O.H
5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot update or remove incompatible EImanagement extension

You did all steps?  If you miss any of them, you will have mismatched extension, which would cause issues with epo not starting properly.  

If you go to the install directory for epo, server\extensions\installed\eimanagement\sql, there are 2 uninstall scripts.  Stop epo services first, then run the event_tables_uninstall.sql script in sql management studio, then run the hni_uinstall.sql.  Then run this script:

delete from orionextensions where name = 'eimanagement'

Remove the eimanagement folder from server\extensions\installed and then go to server\conf\catalina\localhost and look for any eimanagement xml file.  Remove it from there if it exists.

Then restart epo services and let me know if that removed it for you.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Thanks for your reply. I have tried this on two separate occasions and both times caused the EPO to fail to start.

This resulted in me having to replace the deleted files and restore the database to get it working again.

Sorry I meant to add, yes I did all the steps as described

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Please open a ticket then with McAfee and send me the case number in private message.  We can then do a quick remote to get it removed.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Issue is resolved.  Manually removed old extension and checked in new.

Was my reply helpful?

Want to Ask a Question?

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community