cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update from superagents repository / unable to find valid repository

Hello,

i have problem with updating from local repos. Agents are unable to upload from local superagent repository.

i have attached log file with the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

6 Replies

Re: Cannot update from superagents repository / unable to find valid repository

Parsing through your log it looks like a network connectivity between your client and SADRs. Your agent is reading your sitestat.xml & sitelist.xml and trying to go to the repository listed. I would start by going through this KB if you havent already?

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB54474&pmv=print

hi

have already check that KB and cannot find any problem within.

The next thing I would try is to get with whatever networking team you have to see is there is some sort of traffic being blocked. The logs show the agent reaching out to the repository, but not being able to connect. I would get with networking, and if that fails, give McAfee a call and they can help troubleshoot.

To add on to the previous suggestion:

Are these SuperAgents (SADR) internal or in the DMZ?  Doesn't really change the troubleshooting, just worth noting, since most DMZ FW entries will have a better/much tighter control.

I'd lookup the port setup within ePO (Menu > Configuration > Server Settings > Ports) to get a list of McAfee used ports.  I'd then have your network team review firewall ACLs for for connections to your ePO/SADR IP Addresses - review any to see what port connections were allowed.

I don't think it is a network problem. There are 29 locations on different subnets with same network/firewall configuration  and few off them are not working. The local network is not filtered.

Assigned other host to be super agent from the same subnet and it is working now. So the problem stays within the host, probably bad installation.

Thanks for the help, appreciated.

check to see if the superagent for the site is enabled