cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove extention

Jump to solution

Hi,

I recently upgraded ePO from 5.3.2 to 5.10. After upgrading I got the message that currently installed EIManagement extension v.2.6.0.111 is incompatible with this ePO version. This message stills forever on the login page.

I tried to remove the extension (even forcible) - got error "An error occurred while trying to uninstall the extension EIManagement".

I tried then to install a new version 2.6.3 on top of it - got error: Extension EIManagement, version 2.6.3.102 is not compatible with this version of ePolicy Orchestrator. This is the newest version I found in My Products section. Although, preinstallation advisor told me that I will need Endpoint Intelligence 3.0.0.102.

What should I do in this case?

Thank you in advance,
Leonid.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot remove extention

Jump to solution

3.0 is not yet released.  If you go to the install directory for epo, server\extensions\installed\eimanagement\sql, there are 2 uninstall scripts.  Stop epo services first, then run the event_tables_uninstall.sql script in sql management studio, then run the hni_uinstall.sql.  Then run this script:

delete from orionextensions where name = 'eimanagement'

Remove the eimanagement folder from server\extensions\installed and then go to server\conf\catalina\localhost and look for any eimanagement xml file.  Remove it from there if it exists.

Then restart epo services and let me know if that removed it for you.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

3.0 is not yet released.  If you go to the install directory for epo, server\extensions\installed\eimanagement\sql, there are 2 uninstall scripts.  Stop epo services first, then run the event_tables_uninstall.sql script in sql management studio, then run the hni_uinstall.sql.  Then run this script:

delete from orionextensions where name = 'eimanagement'

Remove the eimanagement folder from server\extensions\installed and then go to server\conf\catalina\localhost and look for any eimanagement xml file.  Remove it from there if it exists.

Then restart epo services and let me know if that removed it for you.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!

It worked. The extension is removed.

Kind regards,
Leonid.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Glad to assist!

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.