cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Cannot log in now that I checked Remote users use the certificate to sign in.

Jump to solution

I am having issues on what CA sert to use in the Server Settings so I keep going in and making changes and then rebooting us my non-certificate account.  When I was configuring Certificate Based Authentication I checked the box next to "Remote users use the certificate to sign in".  Now I have no way of logging into ePO because it doesn't like my cert.  Since I checked that box I am not able to enter in my username and password.  It allows me to enter a username, but not a password.  I cannot even enter the admin credentials.  How can I fix this so I can go into ePO and uncheck this box?  I've tried going to the server locally and doing the Restore Administrator Rights but that doesn't seem to help sing I am not given a chance afterwards to enter a username and password to login.  The Password box is grayed out.  Please help!

Thanks.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot log in now that I checked Remote users use the certificate to sign in.

Jump to solution

Hello @MikeG ,

Try accessing epo server via RDP/Locally and then browse page as localhost, try to login there and verify if you are able to login.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Re: Cannot log in now that I checked Remote users use the certificate to sign in.

Jump to solution

Try logging into the epo server itself and open the console there with localhost and see if it will let you in with the default admin account.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @MikeG ,

Try accessing epo server via RDP/Locally and then browse page as localhost, try to login there and verify if you are able to login.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Try logging into the epo server itself and open the console there with localhost and see if it will let you in with the default admin account.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Did you also uncheck the box to use certificate at the logon screen to see if that allowed you to log in?  What version epo are you running?

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Awesome.  I had no idea changing it to say "localhost" instead of the DNS name would make a difference like that.  Thank you!

Does that use certificate at the logon screen only appear if the the CA cert and user cert match?  I am having issues with someone who has a newer card than everyone else so I had to move higher up the cert path till we reached a common one, however when I enter in the PIN and it goes to the logon screen that "use certificate" check box is not there.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

That may be the case, I have not personally tried any certificate logins.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community