cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install EPO

I have had to uninstall EPO 4.6 from a server running 2008 R2.  I uninstalled using REVO Uninstaller.  Rebooted.  Tried to install, and it instead asked me to UNINSTALL.  This then failed with the following error:  "Setup was unable to read the add/remove programs entry for Mcafee epo and cannot continue.  Verify that the program is install [sic] correctly and that you have this entry before you continue."

I have gone through the registry, deleted every mention of mcafee and network associates.  Rebooted several times.  No joy. 

I have also run two different Mcafee removal tools.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

PH

3 Replies

Re: Cannot install EPO

The ePO installer is a complex beast, uninstall through add/remove programs is actually preferred believe it or not.

Still, that does not help you now and i'm afraid from the way it's described the issue is well & truly wedged.

Your best best at this point is to walk through McAfee support article: KB66586 - How to manually remove ePO 4.5 / 4.6

Rgds,

Rob.

Hi Rob.  Thanks for that.  I have already done all that.  Stripped out the registry, deleted files, etc.

Highlighted

I'm afraid if you've followed that kb instruction completely it's wedged beyond the ability to clean up.

By all means open a support call but you may be staring in the face of using a different server or an OS rebuild.

Sorry.

Rob.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community