In EPO 3.6, we were able to disable the pre-defined EPO_SERVER and McHTTP repositories.
However, in EPO 4.5, it seems that even if you disable both the EPO server and HTTP repositories, it only disables the HTTP one (EPO 4.5 server SHOWS that the EPO server repository is disabled, yet all the clients see it as enabled and try to fetch updates from it).
Is this a bug?
Clients must have at least one repository available.
If by policy you try to turn all repositories off for any machine or group then ePO will keep the master repository enabled by default for that machine or group to meet the criteria.
I guess here's where I don't think it's working (at least like EPO 3.6.1 used to)
I have like 23 repositories defined. All 23 are enabled.
I DISABLED the two pre-built ones (which is the EPO server and the McAfee HTTP one)
However, in EPO 4.5 it seems that even if you disable the two pre-built ones, it ALWAYS shows up on the client pc that the SERVER one is enabled.
I'm not sure if this is a bug in the McAfee Agent itself or a problem with VSE 8.5i
But my EPO 3.6.1 server is setup the same way, and the few machines still using that server/agent show both pre-built repositories disabled.
If I remove the old agent, and put on the new agent, the machine registers with the EPO 4.5 server and re-enables the new SERVER repository, even though it's set to be disabled.
Turns out this is a bug. It's fixed in SP2 for EPO 4.5 server. It's issue #9
Issue: If the ePolicy Orchestrator server's host name contains lower case characters, disabling the master repository in
agent policy has no effect. (Reference: 524233)
Resolution: The case of the host name no longer interferes with the enforcement of disabling the master repository in
an agent policy.