cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to the ePO console 5.3.1, getting error"This site can't be reached"

Using Chrome to connect to the ePO console keeps failing with the "This site can't be reached"  and on the bottom the error is: "Err_Connection_refused" .

I tried using the IP in place of the server name.  Rebooted the server and the hypervisor, checked group policy and the registry. 

Is there anything else I can try to troubleshoot or fix the issue?

Thanks

13 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 14

Re: Cannot connect to the ePO console 5.3.1, getting error"This site can't be reached"

Hello @Kanak808 ,

1. verify if all the services of EPO is running.

2. on the epo server dont use ip or server name user localhost eg; https://localhost:8443/

3. open chrome > press F12 > revisit the page for epo and in Network check if there is any error messages.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 14

Re: Cannot connect to the ePO console 5.3.1, getting error"This site can't be reached"

Hello @Kanak808 ,

Also verify :How to access the Database Configuration page and set SQL authentication account information in ePolicy Orchestrator
Technical Articles ID: KB51465

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
Highlighted

Thank you for your help, sorry for replying late very busy.  The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.1 Server service will not start.

I tried bring up the ePO through chrome and using the localhost, but still will not load. 

I went through the KB and tried to access the SQL configuration and even that will not load.

I checked the apache2 logs and nothing showed up.  I checked the DB logs and this is what showed up:

Defective PKG D:\Program files (x86)

The Server logs:

INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allowes optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: D:\program files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\bin

In the Event viewer: The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.1 application server service terminated with the following service-specific error: Incorrect function. Windows could not start the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.1 Server on the local computer.

Not sure what else I can do to isolate the issue. 

Thanks.

V/R,

Darren

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 14

Hi Kanak808,

What changed in your environment to get in to this stage. Did you check Orion log. Orion log will tell you Application service is not starting What does it says.

Before that, is Application service crashing every 2 min or...?

Follow the below steps to find out the error.

* I believe Application service is already in stopped state. 

* Rename existing Orion log <EPO install directory>/Server/Log

* Enable Orion debug

REfer : https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52369

* Start the Application service. Try to access the console and once you see the error

* Come back to log location and check Orion and Stderr.log which contains Contains any Standard Error output captured by the Tomcat service. 

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

It's the Apache server that won't start.  The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrtor 5.3.1 server - Apache/2.4.16 (Win32) OpenSSL service will not start.

Tomcat and the Event Parcer service starts up fine.

I tried what you posted, Orion didn't report any errors.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 14

Hello @Kanak808 ,

I would request you to create a new sql account with epo db permissions and then change in core config page restart services that should do.

How to change to SQL credentials for connecting ePolicy Orchestrator to the database
Technical Articles ID: KB70722

Also enable debug logging for orion.log and check for connection refused or site cant be reached

The ePO Application Server (Tomcat) log file sends information to the common orion.log file. By default, the log is located in c:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Logs.

You can configure the file output debug level in the log configuration file. This file is located in c:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\orion\log-config.xml.

You can change the warn default log level, identified in the <root> tag, to debug in the log-config.xml file.

Example:

<root>
<priority value ="warn" />
<appender-ref ref="ROLLING" />
<appender-ref ref="STDOUT"/>
</root>

The valid logging levels in increasing level of verbosity are:

• info
  • warn
  • error
  • debug

If you change the <root> tag, it changes the default log level for all modules running on the Tomcat server. This level is likely to be verbose.

You can increase logging specifically for the Application and Change Control extension module. Add a <logger> section in the log-config.xml file. For example, to enable debug logging on the Application Control and Change Control extension classes, the <logger> section would look like:

<logger name="com.mcafee.scor">
      <level value="debug" />
</logger>

Restart the Tomcat (ePO Application Server) Service
Technical Support recommends that you use the following procedure to automatically restart the service. Debugging is enabled (after editing log-config.xml) within five minutes by default, even without restarting this service. Restarting the service automatically adjusts the log level.

1. Click StartRun, type services.msc, and click OK.
  2. Right-click the following service and select Restart:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Application Server

3. Close the services window.

Above steps will give you result of failure.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 14

Hi Kanak808,

I thought both Application and server service did not work based on your reply. So if the server Service did not start, did you check in Event Viewer-->Application and then filter only error message. 

Do you see anything like "no socket available" or "cannot open ssl.crt folder" something like that.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

In the Event viewer found this error: [SSL:Warn] [OID 6556:Tid 508] AHO1909: AH_DISAEPO531:443:0 Server certificate does not include an ID which matches the server name.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 14

Hi Kanak808,

Try to regenerate SSL certificate from KB90760. Did you try to rename hostname or something else. Again what did you do to endup this state...?

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community