cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect ePO server with agent

Please forgive me if some of my questions may seem very basic, but i am new to ePO server and not overly familar with it.

I have a newly installed server (ver 4.5) and I cannot connect the server to my McAfee Agent.

After install I could synchronize my server with the active directory in the System Tree. But I have been totally unsuccessful in pushing out agents from the server. I downloaded the agent and installed it manually on the systems, but they still do not talk to the server.  Also I cannot ping the workstations from the system tree. The systems are all in DNS and I can ping them from the computer itself.

I am not sure what logs I should look at too see what is wrong. Any links or suggestions are welcomed,

Thanks

4 Replies
notime
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot connect ePO server with agent

check McAfee ports if they are opened and the local firwall if its On

Does anyone have any other infomration on this? I have no firewalls active and have the exact same issue. I am deployed on Vsphere 3.5 running windows 2008. I am attempting to deploy the agent to an XP workstation I have set up with no success. I have also deployed the agent manually tot he workstation and it cannot communicate back to the ePO server. This is the first time I am deploying the agent as this is a brand new ePO setup.I can ping from the server to the workstation and vice versa.

Hi tycoon44, try to open a telnet connection from a computer to your epo server using the agent-to-server port

For example telnet your_epo_server 80 from the cmd command. If you get an error the na firewall is blocking agent-to-serer port and your computers will never talk to epo server

When ePO installs, it adds named Inbound Rules into the ePO servers firewall that should open the required ports for you. I had an issue where the Agents could not connect to the ePO server. It was found that the issue was that the six 'McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator ...' inbound rules were assigned to the Public profile and not the Domain profile. I believe that this issue is a server 2008 & R2 issue where the profile can flip-flop between Public and Domain. To fix the issue add Domain to these six inboand rules. Hope this helps someone.