cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot access ePO 5.9, database error

Jump to solution

From Orion I get:

2019-07-02 15:12:21,872 WARN [main] base.Database - database startup attempt (1 of 12) failed; sleeping for 10000 milliseconds and will try again...
2019-07-02 15:12:32,022 WARN [main] base.Database - database startup attempt (2 of 12) failed; sleeping for 10000 milliseconds and will try again...
2019-07-02 15:12:42,152 WARN [main] base.Database - database startup attempt (3 of 12) failed; sleeping for 10000 milliseconds and will try again...
2019-07-02 15:12:52,282 WARN [main] base.Database - database startup attempt (4 of 12) failed; sleeping for 10000 milliseconds and will try again...
2019-07-02 15:13:02,446 WARN [main] base.Database - database startup attempt (5 of 12) failed; sleeping for 10000 milliseconds and will try again...
2019-07-02 15:13:12,581 WARN [main] base.Database - database startup attempt (6 of 12) failed; sleeping for 10000 milliseconds and will try again...
2019-07-02 15:13:22,711 WARN [main] base.Database - database startup attempt (7 of 12) failed; sleeping for 10000 milliseconds and will try again...
2019-07-02 15:13:32,844 WARN [main] base.Database - database startup attempt (8 of 12) failed; sleeping for 10000 milliseconds and will try again...

From stderr

Jul 02, 2019 3:12:16 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'id' to 'orion.server.https' did not find a matching property.
Jul 02, 2019 3:12:16 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'id' to 'orion.server.clientCert' did not find a matching property.
Jul 02, 2019 3:12:16 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm setUseContextClassLoader
INFO: Setting useContextClassLoader = false
Jul 02, 2019 3:12:16 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycleEvent
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\Server\bin
Jul 02, 2019 3:12:16 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8443"]

I am still on 5.9, and have not begun to remove it yet.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 32 of 36

Jump to solution

Please zip up the orion and stderr.log and email them to me.  I will sent you my contact info.  Those aren't the relevant errors.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

The solution was to make a manual change in the orion db properties file:

#Wed Jul 03 10:03:29 EDT 2019
db.database.name=database_Name
db.jdbc.driver=jtds
db.param.ssl=request
db.param.USENTLMV2=true
db.instance.name=MSSQLSERVER
db.user.domain=
db.user.name=username
db.port=1433
db.pool.exhausted.action=grow
db.server.name=servername
db.user.passwd=password

This fixed the problem.

I owe a great debt to Caryn Dinet and others for the solution.

Thanks to all.

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 34 of 36

Jump to solution

By the way, when using the default instance of mssqlserver in sql, the instance name should be blank.  I have seen it cause connection problems if that is populated.  It may be working ok now, but fail with attempting to upgrade.  Just something to consider.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Is there a procedure to make the change? 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 36 of 36

Jump to solution

Just go to core/config in the console as if you were changing credentials and remove the instance name, test connection, save and restart services.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community