cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Deploy Virusscan Enterprise 8.8 from EPO 4.5

Jump to solution

We have recently moved to McAfee from Sophos. I have installed McAfee EPO 4.5 onto our test Server and have imported the test system Tree from AD.

When I try to create a Product deployment task on one of the Systems (Shows as managed, has Agent showing in Taskbar) I can only choose to deploy the agents for Linux, Mac and Windows.

I have installed the extensions for VSE 8.8 under Software -> Extensions

However when I have checked the Master Repository the 3 VSE products we have in there are showing as Type - Language Packs.

I'm sure that there should be the Install type in there but am not sure how to add these.

Could anyone help a McAfee noob?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot Deploy Virusscan Enterprise 8.8 from EPO 4.5

Jump to solution

Hi

Software packages essentially come in two parts - the extensions, which allow ePO to control a product and understand the events it creates, and the package itself, which is what installs the actual product on the target machines. By the sound of things you're missing the package

In the Master Repository, go to Actions / Check In Package, and then browse to the VSE 8.8 zip file. Once this is checked in, VSE will be available in the deployment task.

Finally, if you're new to ePO, can I suggest you have a look at the Product Guide (from here ) if you haven't already done so - there's a lot of useful stuff in there.

Regards -

Joe

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi

Software packages essentially come in two parts - the extensions, which allow ePO to control a product and understand the events it creates, and the package itself, which is what installs the actual product on the target machines. By the sound of things you're missing the package

In the Master Repository, go to Actions / Check In Package, and then browse to the VSE 8.8 zip file. Once this is checked in, VSE will be available in the deployment task.

Finally, if you're new to ePO, can I suggest you have a look at the Product Guide (from here ) if you haven't already done so - there's a lot of useful stuff in there.

Regards -

Joe

Jump to solution

That's great thanks. I had gone through the documentation and had tried to import the VIRUSCAN8800(169) Zip file. Reading you answer I had the lightbulb moment that it needed to be the containing .zip file.

Thanks very much for yuor reply. its working perfectly.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

No problem

Regards -

Joe