Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twenden
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Can you remove old log files in server\logs folder

Jump to solution

On our production ePO server, I noticed under server\logs that we have a lot of log files that date back to 2009. Can you remove these older log files as this folder is over 816MB in size?

There are files like common-daemons, localhost-access, jakarta_service, orion.logx, etc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: Can you remove old log files in server\logs folder

Jump to solution

With services running, you can delete all except the ones that are being written to today.  So you don't have to wait for services to stop.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Yes, you can remove them all with services off and all but current with services running.  That is all up to your desired log retention.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

twenden
Level 13
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks. I will remove some of the very old ones the next time that I can stop the services.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

With services running, you can delete all except the ones that are being written to today.  So you don't have to wait for services to stop.

Was my reply helpful?

twenden
Level 13
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks. I removed logs that are older than 1 year.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.