Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twenden
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Can you install ePO Agent 4.6 into Evaluation Branch

Jump to solution

This morning, we upgraded our production ePO 4.0 server to ePO 4.6. We have over 2200 clients running ePO Agent version 4.5.0.1810.   I would like to start testing the ePO 4.6 agent. Is it possible to install this ePO agent into the Evaluation branch and deploy to some test systems?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can you install ePO Agent 4.6 into Evaluation Branch

Jump to solution

I did, it worked fine.  Note though that you have to install the Agent 4.6 extensions, which will overwrite the 4.5 extensions (they are backward compatible).  Also, I didn't try installing more 4.5 agents after I had 4.6 in the evaluation branch.  The existing 4.5 agents continued to work fine.

There's a setting somewhere in the ePO configuration screens to allow checking a package into any branch that has to be enabled.

3 Replies

Jump to solution

I did, it worked fine.  Note though that you have to install the Agent 4.6 extensions, which will overwrite the 4.5 extensions (they are backward compatible).  Also, I didn't try installing more 4.5 agents after I had 4.6 in the evaluation branch.  The existing 4.5 agents continued to work fine.

There's a setting somewhere in the ePO configuration screens to allow checking a package into any branch that has to be enabled.

hem
Level 15
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Yes, you can definitely do this.

Make sure that ability to check in the package to other branches are enabled from the ePO server (Menu=>Configuration=>server settings=>respository packages=>Edit. Select  yes 'Allow package check in for any repository branches'.

twenden
Level 13
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks for all you guys responses. I am currently testing this out on my non-production ePO 4.6 server.