cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help remove "NAI ePolicy Orchestrator Agent" service from my Windows 2000 Server?

Hi,

Recently migrated some old servers from ePO 3.6 to 4.0.  One of them has a service called "NAI ePolicy Orchestrator Agent" listed and it won't start.  Trying to start it shows Error 3:  The system cannot find the path specified.  This system also has the 4.0.0.1421 McAfee agent installed.  The McAfee agent fails when running collect and send props.

I had this issue with the NAI ePolicy Orchestrator Agent service a couple of years back and it recall using something to basically rip the service out.  I can't recall how I did it though... Ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Re: Can you help remove "NAI ePolicy Orchestrator Agent" service from my Windows 2000 Server?

Hi Tim,

I'm assuming you have two services referenced, and the one for the McAfee Agent works ok.

In which case perhaps you are thinking of the Microsoft Command Line 'sc' utility ?'

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sc.mspx?mfr=true

---------------------------------------------------------------------
sc delete

Deletes a service subkey from the registry. If the service is running or if another process has an open handle to the service, then the service is marked for deletion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Use it at your own risk though !
I make no promises it'll do what you are looking for here.

Please don't remove the currently running McAfee Agent service

Rgds,

Rob.

Re: Can you help remove "NAI ePolicy Orchestrator Agent" service from my Windows 2000 Server?

Thank you very much for your response.  I did not use the command line version that you sent me - but you got me on the path to finding what I was looking for.  There is a Reskit (NT4 and Win2k) util called Srvinstw.exe that was reference in the sc.exe article.  This is the utility that I had used before.

I ran the util and selected the NAI ePolicy.... service.  It is currently set to be deleted.  From past experience - I have about a 50/50 shot at the service being completely remove without a reboot.  I will let you know the final outcome...