Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mjkhan
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Can we add multiple ransomware rules at the same time in ePO.

Jump to solution

Hi there,

New to ePO, question is can we add 100+ ransomware extension in one or more rules at the same time by browing to any .txt or csv file. Because I have seen people adding the ransomware rule with one extension at a time.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcoffee
Level 10
Message 4 of 9

Re: Can we add multiple ransomware rules at the same time in ePO.

Jump to solution
Unfortunately I've had to do exactly this to ensure we were protected given our customer base.

It was an absolute ball-ache I won't lie, but I couldn't find a better solution at the time, at least now my 5 EPOs are bang up to date and I only need to add new ones as they are found / documented etc.

2 days sh!t work for a decent level of protection - worthwhile.
-------
If my answer helped you, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
8 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, bulk updating of policies is currently not a feature. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mjkhan
Level 9
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

So is there any way that I can add multiple ransomware extensions at once?

Because if I do have 500 extensoins then I can't waste my whole day or two and it will be very hard to find out which one is added or not later on time.

mcoffee
Level 10
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution
Unfortunately I've had to do exactly this to ensure we were protected given our customer base.

It was an absolute ball-ache I won't lie, but I couldn't find a better solution at the time, at least now my 5 EPOs are bang up to date and I only need to add new ones as they are found / documented etc.

2 days sh!t work for a decent level of protection - worthwhile.
-------
If my answer helped you, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
mjkhan
Level 9
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, I have one more question, is there any link/forum where I can get the updates of the latest ransomware extensions without missing even a single?

Thanks.

mcoffee
Level 10
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution
ha if only!

I subscribe to McAfee SNS which tends to detail weekly any additional ransomware and the appropriate extensions etc, I also subscribe to similar feeds from other vendors just to ensure everything is captured incase McAfee aren't the first to publish, however I must say with the likes of Petya and the latest revisions of Locky, the McAfee articles were the most detailed and relevant by some margin.
-------
mjkhan
Level 9
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

And please is there any better/best video training for ePO for Complete Business Protection?

And is McAfee is detecting/removing the .rapid ransomware virus?

Thanks.

Daveb3d
Level 10
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

You really might consider going to ENS with ATP to avoid all of this..

But you could probably use the web api to bulk add to a policy.   

mjkhan
Level 9
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Could you please provide any sample or any guide from where I could probably use the web api to bulk add to a policy. I am really a newbee to McAfee Solution.

Thanks.

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.