Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xilog
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Can't push Agent 4, no error messages

I'm using ePO 4, agent 4 and VSE 8.7.

Until Monday everything was working fine, in fact I deployed Agent via the console successfully on Monday morning. Since Monday afternoon, however, all attempts to deploy via the console fail.

Normally when this happened before (e.g. as a result of a mistyped password or misconfigured target machine) the log shows something like this:

6/22/09 2:34:20 PM Started: Deploying agents to 1 systems
6/22/09 2:34:21 PM Failed: Push agent to lftjleigh
6/22/09 2:34:23 PM Deploy Agents (Deploy Agents)

with the machine name as a hyperlink to further information; in this case:

Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network path was not found.

Since Monday afternoon, however, all attempts fail instantly with the following message (ePO doesn't even seem to try):

6/24/09 11:58:26 AM Started: Deploying agents to 1 systems
6/24/09 11:58:26 AM Deploy Agents (Deploy Agents)

and with "Failed" in the status field.

As you can see, no hyperlinked machine name and no additional data.

The server upon which ePO resides has been restarted and all other SQL -based apps are working fine on that server.

As a test I tried manually installing using framepkg.exe from DB/Software/etc... and that works okay and the client is then manageable in the usual way.

Anyone got any leads on what might be going on?
7 Replies

RE: Can't push Agent 4, no error messages

When you are deploying the agent, are you able to "Browse" for the system in the ePO network browser, or do you just type the name in manually?

I have found that the best way to do it is to browse for the systems, hopefully it is something that simple, but probably not.

I mean, when you get to the stage of creating new system, then browse under the domain name there...hope that makes sense
xilog
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

Makes perfect sense Smiley Happy

I've tried both manually typing the name and adding from the domain browse. Also from the synchronised AD container with ther workstation tree in it.

probably another useless post on my behalf, but can you access the admin share on the PCs over the network?

Are they running with the firewall turned on?
Are they running anything like checkpoint VPN clients or something else which can increase security?

I've had issues before with all those types of things.
xilog
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

We're thinking the same things Smiley Happy

Tested for admin$ availability from the ePO server to the client ...OK
Firewall is enabled, but ports for Agent are opened by GPO

I'm thinking it's a problem at the server end as the very instant you click OK on the deplotment screen it goes immediately to the reporting page and lists the task as failed, whereas normally it shows as either Processing (I think) or Completed(100%) and only shows as Failed when it's exhausted the ways of contacting the machine which normally takes a minute or so.

Disk space o.k. on server ?

Jim
xilog
Level 7
Message 7 of 8

Yes thanks, plenty of free space on all drives.
xilog
Level 7
Message 8 of 8

Solved

I was poking around looking for logs and came across this folder: C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Logs in which there are, unsurprisingly, logfiles. In particular, EpoApSvr.log, which contained this:

20090625124907 E #9624 EPOJNI Agent pkg file hash does not match
20090625124907 E #9624 EPOJNI Agent package verification failed!

Somehow, the agent package had become damaged so I re checked in the Agent package and hey presto! It's all working again happy