cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install EPO Agent 4 - Sitelist error

I'm running ePO 4 patch 3, and Agent 4.0.0.1180.

I was able to install agent 3.6 without issue. I was also able to upgrade those 3.6 agents to version 4 with few issues. However, now I'm trying to install agent 4 on new PC's and it gives me the following error every time: "The specified sitelist is invalid. McAfee Agent Setup will not continue." This happens on all PC's I try.

I've recreated the sitelist.xml file and the framepackage.exe and it hasn't helped. The sitelist.xml file looks fine when I open it, it has my ePO master server and all other repositories in it.

Today I tried the fix in KB53874 and it hasn't helped.
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53874&actp=search&searchid=1236721579588

I'm using a batch file to automatically install the agent with the following command:
framepkg.exe /install=agent /siteinfo=sitelist.xml

Any suggestions?????
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
2 Replies

RE: Can't install EPO Agent 4 - Sitelist error

OK. I found there is a patch 1 for the agent. I installed it and now my agent is at 4.0.0 1345.

I tried the fix from the KB above again, created a new framepackage.exe and new sitelist.xml. Same error. :mad::mad::mad:

I even tried creating the sitemgr.xml file and using that as the siteinfo and it gave me the same message.

RE: Can't install EPO Agent 4 - Sitelist error

Fixed

After wading through install the log files I found two entries (one at a time of course :rolleyesSmiley Happy that basically said Agent 4 requires reqseckey.bin and srpubkey.bin to be in the same directory as sitelist.xml.

I put those two files in the folder and it worked.

Seriously?:mad: Why isn't this all rolled up with the FramePackage.exe that is generated out of EPO? Isn't that the point of generating a custom install package? I'm guessing these keys are validated against the sitelist.xml file, why couldn't this all be included in one nice tidy package?

GAAAAAAAH!!!

You guys have a very feature rich program here, but why does it have to be such a ridiculous Rube-Goldberg machine? It would be great if you could streamline some of these processes.