cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't exclude folder from Virus Scan

I am trying to exclude several folders from being scanned by VSE for one workstation.  I duplicated my default policy but when I try to add the folders to the excluded list, the OK button doesn't.  What am I doing wrong?

8 Replies
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can't exclude folder from Virus Scan

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB50998&pmv=print

Please refer the above KB article.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I was trying to add exclusions on ePO instead of the local machine so they wouldn't be over-written.  It is on ePO that I am having the issue..  

McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

The KB steps can be performed from ePO as well from Policy Catalog. Select the point product from drop down and start adding the exclusions.
If you don't want to assign any new exclusions to the client machine in that case duplicate the existing policy and make the changes.

NOTE: 
  • The file and folder exclusions detailed in this article are not applicable to Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs). PUP exclusions can only be set for specific detection names.
  • If your computer is managed by ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), the instructions below must be applied through ePO. Applying the instructions locally on an ePO-managed computer will result in your changes being overwritten.

Was my reply helpful?
    If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 9

Make sure that folder path ends with \. 

Like  if you are excluding 'Test' folder from C drive then it will C:\test\ than C:\test

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Hi @jason3k 

I think I see what is going on. Just to clarify, the "OK" Button is not getting enabled when you add the exclusions, right? Have you confirmed that the format of exclusions are correct? if it is, I would recommend trying the same step on a different browser. Else, please share with me  the screenshot of the exclusions you are trying to add where the OK button is grayed out and I think that might help us understand the issue a little better here.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Technical Support
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

A screenshot would be very helpful

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

"the OK button doesn't" doesn't what?

Was my reply helpful?

Problem could be with ePO version. EPO 5.3.2 had problem with save button EPO532HF1144868 resolved this issue. But i guess you have ePO 5.10 am i correct?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community