cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't deploy an agent to a machine

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have tested the "McAfee Endpoint Security 10.5" product in one of our Windows 10 machines.

It was a full install. Then, we uninstalled the product from the machine and reinstalled McAfee VirusScan 8.8 patch 9 (standalone installer).

When we try to deploy the agent from ePO to this machine, it is returning this error:

"Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: Access is denied."

I joined the machine again on the domain, manually deleted the McAfee folders, regedit keys, checked the PC time, rebooted the machine and nothing... same error.

The machine is (for now) with VirusScan updating only from internet.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't deploy an agent to a machine

Jump to solution

​,

Hi! I managed to make it work by using ​ message from another post:

"Hmm, you mentioned you deployed from checked in package; what about installed from it?  You can generate a manual installation package by going to System Tree --> New System --> Create and download agent installation package.  Then use that file to do the manual install; that will distribute the ePO server settings, while the one you download directly from McAfee won't have your server settings."

I created a package without embedded credentials and the client machine now appears as "Managed" on ePO!

Maybe is a package problem? (McAfee Agent 5.05)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

Check the access protection log for blocks relating to the install of the McAfee agent.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You mean on the client?

I'll install VirusScan 8.8 patch 9 again (tried using McAfee product removal to clean thing again...) and check it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Checked. It's clear. Has nothing in there.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

​,

Hi! I managed to make it work by using ​ message from another post:

"Hmm, you mentioned you deployed from checked in package; what about installed from it?  You can generate a manual installation package by going to System Tree --> New System --> Create and download agent installation package.  Then use that file to do the manual install; that will distribute the ePO server settings, while the one you download directly from McAfee won't have your server settings."

I created a package without embedded credentials and the client machine now appears as "Managed" on ePO!

Maybe is a package problem? (McAfee Agent 5.05)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

Ok, when deploying the agent use the same credentials that are able to actually login to that machine.  Also, check to make sure those credentials have the rights to install on that machine. Even thou the credentials allow for a logon; they may not allow for an install.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I used the domain admin account. And it was complaining about wrong credentials.

Tried the same agent deploy with the same credentials to my machine and it worked.

Maybe the other product messed up with something on the other machine...

0 Kudos