cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Can't access web console after installing Cumulative Update 6 for ePO 5.10.0 you have provided inval

Jump to solution

on a newly built Windows Server 2019 with SQL 2019 with all the Microsoft patches up to date and ePO console working/launching fine, after I installed the Cumulative Update 6 for ePO 5.10.0 successfully now I can no longer access the web console even though I enter the same credentials as before especially since they are stored / cached in my broswer

tried three different browsers, IE, Edge, Chrome on two different machines, the server itself and a Windows 10 desktop, both of which worked fine prior to the upgrade

rebooted the server half a dozen times

McAfee Foundation Services.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 6 of 10

Re: Can't access web console after installing Cumulative Update 6 for ePO 5.10.0 you have provided i

Jump to solution

so here's an update - and a solution!

after the CU 6 blew up my web console preventing me from logging on I completely removed / uninstalled ePO 5.10.0 from my server including the Database (this is in my lab aka proof of concept environment) 

then I reinstalled ePO and this time Checked in the 5.6 Agent into the Master Repository and deployed it successfully to both a Windows 10 Enterprise workstation and another Windows Server 2019

honestly I don't know what fixed it the reinstall of ePO or upgrading the Agent.  I did a test after the reinstall with the older 5.4 Agent but it was late at night and I typed in the wrong IP Address of the client machine and so that test was botched

at this point I don't care what fixed it I am just super glad it is finally working - may be a while before I try CU6 again ha ha

super thanks to all of those who have followed along and offered advice

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Re: Can't access web console after installing Cumulative Update 6 for ePO 5.10.0 you have provided i

Jump to solution

I just responded you on the other thread. Just incase if your console is not up even after waiting for long time, can you check in Orion log under <EPO install directory>/Server/logs.

Whenever you see McAfee Foundation Service page, it means either the services not started, or some extensions causing the issue or could be something else.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

I have attached a copy of my orion.log I looked in it and just wanted to cry, I have no idea what I am looking for or at

here is the error I get when I try to start the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Server service manually since it is set to Automatic but refuses to start

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 ServerMcAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Server

and here is a link to a thread about a guy with the same error and how he had to reinstall the ePO console from scratch and restore the database from backup (yes it's from seven years ago - yayks)

ePO Apache service will not start after 4.6 to 4.6.4 upgrade

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/ePO-Apache-service-will-not-start-after-4-6-to-...

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

**Edited**

Are you getting this error immediately when you try to start the services. If yes, can you check if IIS service is running. Might be a port conflict with IIS service.

The Orion log has not written anything today and the last update from the log is 21:37 which is yesterday day.

Let's try the below solution and see how it works :

* check if IIS service running, if yes please disable and check.

* Open the below URL on EPO server, revalidate the credential-->hit "Test connection" button (it should succeed-->hit Apply button. 

* Then restart only the EPO services.

If the Server service failed to start, you can also check in Event Viewer under application.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Level 10
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Are you getting this error immediately when you try to start the services. If yes, can you check if ISS service is running. Might be a port conflict with ISS service.

what is ISS service, did you mean IIS? not trying to be rude you just said ISS three times or so, so maybe its some service I never heard of

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

so here's an update - and a solution!

after the CU 6 blew up my web console preventing me from logging on I completely removed / uninstalled ePO 5.10.0 from my server including the Database (this is in my lab aka proof of concept environment) 

then I reinstalled ePO and this time Checked in the 5.6 Agent into the Master Repository and deployed it successfully to both a Windows 10 Enterprise workstation and another Windows Server 2019

honestly I don't know what fixed it the reinstall of ePO or upgrading the Agent.  I did a test after the reinstall with the older 5.4 Agent but it was late at night and I typed in the wrong IP Address of the client machine and so that test was botched

at this point I don't care what fixed it I am just super glad it is finally working - may be a while before I try CU6 again ha ha

super thanks to all of those who have followed along and offered advice

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello @gregski 

Thanks for your reply.

If you think that the issue was with the CU 6 in that case you should have rolled back the CU 6 only instead of uninstalling the ePO and re-installing it from scratch.

However, glad that you have resolved your issue.

Thanks.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Am sorry that was my typo error...😊 it is IIS service. 

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

"Am sorry that was my typo error... it is IIS service. "

no worries, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse to death but I know how frustrating incomplete or abandoned threats can be, so just for completeness, I just checked my perfectly good and working ePO 5.10.0 server with CU6 on it and indeed it has the IIS Admin Service running and things still work fine, so just letting people know

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello @gregski 

Thanks for your reply.

While checking the Orion.Log

2020-03-25 19:42:29,830 ERROR [core-CommandInvoker-thread-5] services.ComponentService - Failed to install the bundle extensions.
com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\installed\EPOAGENTMETA\5.6.4.179\install.xml:411: java.sql.SQLException: com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.DatabaseConnectivityException: Failed to get a connection: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Integrated authentication.. Navigate to https://localhost:8443/core/config and verify database connection settings

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.MfsDatabase]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot initialize database object: check database configuration in /core/config

The errors are from 25th of March Evening.

Could you try to open core/config page and update the correct password--test connection and see whether you are seeing this issue anymore.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community