cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access McAfee ePO - "Unable to connect to the database"

Jump to solution
I'm trying to access the ePO, but I continue to get an error that says "Unable to connect to the database". I'm working on an internal network that has no connection to the public Internet. Also, the McAfee Server Event Parser service will not run and gives an error that says "service has started then stopped". Can someone please help me?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: Can't access McAfee ePO - "Unable to connect to the database"

Jump to solution

You have to go to the core/config page in epo to reconfigure the password.  The KB I gave you should help.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

KB84438 (support.mcafee.com) has instructions for resetting the password for the account you are using to authenticate to the database.  When did the issue start and did a password change recently?  If not, then did anything change on the sql side?  Do the sql error logs show any logon failures?  Can you log into sql management studio with the same account and credentials?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
The account I'm using to login to the ePO is my domain admin account and I did change the password yesterday. The error logs reference invalid login credentials.
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

You have to go to the core/config page in epo to reconfigure the password.  The KB I gave you should help.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

It worked! So, what can I do to prevent this from happening in the future? 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Any time you change a password that is used for such purposes, you have to reset the password for that connection, regardless of what it is used for.  I would suggest rather setting up a service account that you can control password changes with less frequently and use it instead, or use an sql account - it all depends on your security requirements at your company.  Regardless, when anything changes with an account, those changes need to be made everywhere it is used.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community