cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Login to Web Console due to unconnected database

Hi McAfee Support, We are unable to login to the web console of the ePO due to "Unable to connect to the database". As per connectivity testing using https://10.88.224.23:8443/core/config, the ePO is successfully connected to the database server but still cant login with the same error. Already restarted both Servers but to no avail. Please extend assistance regarding this. Thanks, Kevin
3 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't Login to Web Console due to unconnected database

Hi User83970957,

Quick question: Have you performed a restore or migration with that server?

With respect to the message you get, can I ask if you can post a few lines before and after that message please?

Likewise, find the 'SQLERROR' log on the SQL server. Take a look at this  (in notepad/Notepad++) scroll to the time frame in that log when you try/tried to login to ePO, it may hold additional detail that may prove helpful here.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

When did the issue start and what changed?  Windows updates?  What version of epo?  Is sql on same server or different?  What errors do you see in the orion log (epo install dir\server\logs)?  Is the database possibly full? 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Also, version of ePO and connected SQL version, is this a local admin account or domian account (have you tried both?), Are you also lunching the web console from within ePO server or remotely. Please try clear all cache, close browser down and try again

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community