Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 21

Re: Can't Deploy Agents in a Workgroup - no errors - nothing happens

Jump to solution

I see more feedback and I really appreciate it, I will answer your questions soon, but first I want to throw in this update.

I built a second Windows 2019 server figuring server networking is different than the workstation jazz

The server passed the Start\Run: \\serverName\ADMIN$ mapping without prompting for creds from the ePO server so that got me excited

I then tried to deploy an ePO agent from the ePO server to the new server and no dice the the Server Task Log just says deploying and it can sit like that for ever with no status change

oh well just an update for you

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 12 of 21

Jump to solution
* If you are using ePO 5.10, have you installed CU6 (cumulative update) which can be downloaded from software manager in EPO.

I just did and oh boy things went south after that, the update was successful however now I can't log back in to the web console, the top pull down box is blank and I can't remember what it used to have in it before, and then it says: You have provided invalid credentials, which is nonsense since it even pre populated the entries in my browser like it always had in the past

so now what? has this happened to any of you? this is a huge step backwards ha ha
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 13 of 21

Jump to solution

You have provided invalid credentialsYou have provided invalid credentials

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 21

Jump to solution

The below error just throwing because EPO services might not have started properly. If you have installed CU6, check if you can see the update folder under <ePO install directory>.

Just curious to know if CU6 installed successfully or did you get any error during an installation. 

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 15 of 21

Jump to solution
Just curious to know if CU6 installed successfully or did you get any error during an installation.

it said it installed 100% successfully and beautifully it's like we say around here, the operation was successful but the patient died, ha ha
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 16 of 21

Jump to solution

If you have installed CU6, check if you can see the update folder under <ePO install directory>.

I see this mate:

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\updates\CU-6

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 17 of 21

Jump to solution

First thank you all so much for trying to help or I should say helping I really really do appreciate it

"The below error just throwing because EPO services might not have started properly."

what specific services do you speak of and can they all be seen and managed via the Services MMC, as I have played this game before with other products that only listen to secret CLI commands you come up with from thin air, ha ha

here are the three McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator services that I see on my ePO server, note they are all set to Automatic yet last time I checked only the first one was Running I was able to start the second one manually but not the third one, I rebooted and now the first two started but still not the third, error below:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Application Server

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Event Parser

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Server

the error for the third service is:

The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Server service terminated with the following service-specific error:
Incorrect function.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 18 of 21

Jump to solution

so here's an update - and a solution!

after the CU 6 blew up my web console preventing me from logging on I completely removed / uninstalled ePO 5.10.0 from my server including the Database (this is in my lab aka proof of concept environment) 

then I reinstalled ePO and this time Checked in the 5.6 Agent into the Master Repository and deployed it successfully to both a Windows 10 Enterprise workstation and another Windows Server 2019

honestly I don't know what fixed it the reinstall of ePO or upgrading the Agent.  I did a test after the reinstall with the older 5.4 Agent but it was late at night and I typed in the wrong IP Address of the client machine and so that test was botched

at this point I don't care what fixed it I am just super glad it is finally working - may be a while before I try CU6 again ha ha

super thanks to all of those who have followed along and offered advice

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 21

Jump to solution

It is really glad to hear. 🙂 CU6 should not blew your EPO. Just an FYI, you do have an option to rollback the same update just in case if it does not go through next time. 

To rollback CU6, run the CU6 setup file and select rollback.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 20 of 21

Jump to solution
To rollback CU6, run the CU6 setup file and select rollback.

Oh man wish I knew that last night, I went looking for it in Control Panel \ Programs and Features but did not see it as a separate line item, oh well will know next time

I do appreciate the feedback very much I am sure it is helping others as well
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community